Royal Mail deliveries in Snow - Sheffield Area

Thankyou to the postman who delivered the mail today must be so much more difficult in these conditions.

In my experience most of them work hard to do a good job when weather conditions make it difficult.

I second that. Lets not turn this against the posties, this is a problem with Royal Mail.

So far been waiting 4 weeks for a 5 day delivery & 2 weeks for a 2 day delivery. Maybe it's time to start worrying. Not heard anything bout Xmas temps but know the postman/women are going to be working 7 days.

I'm not having a go at posties here because they do their best during very difficult times, but hopefully the post office bosses will decide to rake on more staff to help ease the backlog. I can live in hope can't I?

Edited by nexusdee

It says "pending collection/redelivery instructions".

It's simple English saying you can either go collect it or phone them up and arrange for it to be delivered to another address/post office.

I understood it as such however after trying to get through to the depot for a good few hours I give up also why is it at a different delivery office than usual?

got some post in s5 today but was junk lol, none of the stuff im waiting for, oh well

That's what I can't understand, if it supposed to be priority first why after a week have I only received two pieces of junk mail and a letter for a previous occupant when I'm waiting for much more important mail.:(