Royal Mail deliveries in Snow - Sheffield Area

A postman in a van told my other half that there wont be any deliveries cos health and safety says cant go on pavements cos of snow and ice

cor has the world gone mad the country is at a standstill whatever next

That will mean no deliveries until Jan at the earliest. Load of cobblers really just a 3rd rate service these days.

I havnt had any post since last Monday, S2 Bit of a joke now I am waiting for an urgent letter....Can we go to the sorting office and pick our mail and parcels up ourselves ?

Had no post either in s2 for well over a week , DHL and Avon (well done by the way :clap:)managed to deliver, but not the Royal Mail :nono:

I have loads of christmas presents from amazon, i have had emails so i know they have been shipped and thought they would have come yesterday tbh. The roads around me are fine now so dont understand whats happening.

I hope something comes today, im s26 and not seen a postie for over a week :(

Hi All

I ahve just spoken to royal mail and they have told me that if you take your proof of name and address you can go into your office and ask for your mail. She was rather curt about it all but that does seem to be the case.

I am ringing the sheffield office to double check

thanks kashul thats good to hear we can at least get it, but dont understand why we should be doing there job for them and collecting our own post??

will have to though as im sure royal mail wont pay any late fees for me not paying my bills!

just checked one of my parcels, Item *********GB could not be delivered on 2010-12-06 as the address was inaccessible. It is being held at Sheffield City 2 DO pending collection/redelivery instructions from the addressee.

seeing as how i was in all day they never even tried to deliver it and the address was not inaccessible as the normal postie managed to get up the road,

ill tell you what is not on and that is lying!!!