Royal Mail deliveries in Snow - Sheffield Area

I know, it would be a right pain. I was expecting a few things last week. I can see returning them if a card has been left and the person hasn't collected, but if the person doesn't know it's waiting for them they're just going to have further delays getting it sent out again.

We had no post all of last week at all. The postman started coming again yesterday, but there was no backlog, just the usual trickle of junk mail. I find it hard to believe that there would be no backlog after a week, especially a week in which bank statements were due. I wonder where it has gone???

Edited by MkII

nothing will be sent back with out you first having had a card

Not what i was told. Packets were out for delivery, road was inaccessible to the van so taken for collection, as normal mail when delivery has been attempted, and subject to the same guidelines. An old lady before me had actually had items sent back.

So do they just keep them a week then send them back regardless of anything else?

Well Thats how it was put to me today. He said while i know the van won't be doing my road i should ring daily to check up on it. The first time i called today i had 3 packages waiting. I rang back to confirm closing time, and he said there were now 6, 3 more just came off the van as delivery inaccessible to

Well Thats how it was put to me today. He said while i know the van won't be doing my road i should ring daily to check up on it. The first time i called today i had 3 packages waiting. I rang back to confirm closing time, and he said there were now 6, 3 more just came off the van as delivery inaccessible to

well in our office (S11) we would NEVER send anything back with out a card being issued. It's just wrong! As said how are you supposed to know it was there? when we try to deliver a parcel it is written on the parcel 'P739 issued' with the date of attempted delivery. if a card was not issued that too would be written on the parcel so it would not be sent back until one was issued

Edited by olilew