Royal Mail deliveries in Snow - Sheffield Area

I phoned the delivery office today and asked if they could check if there were any parcels for me, he said he wouldn't be able to check and asked if I could get there. I would be willing to go if I knew there was something there to collect, but don't want to go just to find there is nothing to collect and parcels are stuck elsewhere.

He also said if they could get to us we would have a delivery but nothing arrived, although other people are coming and going along the road. I was also told by Royal Mail yesterday that van had gone out so if we were due any post we would get a delivery, nothing then either.

Am I right in thinking that recorded items are kept a week before being returned, and everything else it's 3 weeks? Either way, I don't think it should be returned unless a card has been left but I'm just wondering if I need to go to the delivery office just in case they have any that have been there a few days.

We have Special Deliveries coming out .. well, it was 11 days late ... but the rest of the post is still at the main depot in Matlock.

We have an old retired couple in a tatty little fiesta who deliver for Next ... they made it up onto our development today so I can't see why the postmen can't.

well in our office (S11) we would NEVER send anything back with out a card being issued. It's just wrong! As said how are you supposed to know it was there? when we try to deliver a parcel it is written on the parcel 'P739 issued' with the date of attempted delivery. if a card was not issued that too would be written on the parcel so it would not be sent back until one was issued

I really hope that is the case as i dread the thought of ringing and walking down everyday until i have all my 100 packages lol roads just been cleared so hopefully i might get a delivery tomorrow x

Capel street opens 6-12 doesn't it?

I'm waiting for some tickets for a gig that were sent by RD on 30/11 and according to track n trace they haven't tried to deliver them yet. If I just wander down will they have stuff waiting around toi be delivered? I really need them by Thursday at the very very latest.

I will try ringing but history has told me that they never bother answering.

we are waiting since 2 weeks for some parcels S7 netheredge ,no letters and parcels or even the postman showed up yet..I rang customer services and complained lady advised nothing they can do about as weather conditions affecting delivery and she said dont go to the local branch as they cant help you there...