Royal Mail deliveries in Snow - Sheffield Area

Still no post, this is absolutely unacceptable. Don't give me rubbish about safety everyone else in the area is back to business as usual. This is poor from our own royal mail. Bring on privatisation, I've seen their vans and delivery men out.

we are waiting since 2 weeks for some parcels S7 netheredge ,no letters and parcels or even the postman showed up yet..I rang customer services and complained lady advised nothing they can do about as weather conditions affecting delivery and she said dont go to the local branch as they cant help you there...

Thats what they told me on the main customer service number too. Then i rang Woodseats. ..They lied cos they did help me lots

Still no post, this is absolutely unacceptable. Don't give me rubbish about safety everyone else in the area is back to business as usual. This is poor from our own royal mail. Bring on privatisation, I've seen their vans and delivery men out.

I agree it's unacceptable. I was told by Royal Mail yesterday that the van had gone out so we would be due a delivery but received nothing. I phoned the delivery office today and they said we would get a delivery if they could get to us but again received nothing. The road is accessible, other people are coming and going on foot and by car.

Our road hill has seen no grit, the pavements are still icy, but the postie made it today! First time for at least a week, but I've not been counting the days. I realised the sorting offices would be short of staff, post coming from other areas probably wouldn't get through etc., etc.

Same here! We live in Wincobank and our postie made it for the first time yesterday (since it snowed) Pavements are like sheets of ice like lots of other places. Can't fault our postie to be honest, we've had the same bloke for the last few years

We live at Meadowhead, S8 and have had no post for over a week. I've seen Royal Mail vans out and about but not seen any posties. We live on a main road so it's clear of snow but had nothing delivered. Fingers crossed we get something in the next few days as i'm waiting for stuff that I've bought for Christmas pressies.

Me again, still no post; letters or otherwise in S8 area, greenhill.

I'll say this though, it has gone beyond a joke now, the road is clear so there is no excuse at all. I shall not be collecting my parcels myself as I have paid for them to be delivered. I'll leave it up to amazon to rightfully reclaim postage fees from royal mail.

conditions are now even worse than last week, pavements are treacherous and just rock solid ice. there were a number of accidents suffered by posties in the area yesterday so possibility that deliveries could be pulled again tomorrow until things improve (warmer temps coming by thurs/friday?) as for the parcels/packets, there are literally thousands and thousands held back waiting to be took to delivery offices, gonna take a hell of an effort to get cleared by xmas.