Royal Mail deliveries in Snow - Sheffield Area

The paths are very dangerous, no doubt. I had a walk into town today from the office and felt like I was auditioning (very badly) for Dancing on Ice.

As I have already said I dont expect anyone to get hurt trying to do their job but my street has been clear for a few days now, at least the road has anyway because the neighbours and I cleared it then gritted it. Everyone has also cleared a path to their letter boxes just in case. Now as I live on a Cul De Sac there is little chance of anyone getting mowed down by traffic either so what is the H&S issue? A Royal Mail van came down here on Sunday so someone from the local depot has seen the road, I dare say many other areas are the same.

At the end of the day a blanket ban on deliveries in certain areas is just poor service, they should try to deliver and then bring back what they cant deliver. That at least would be a start.

Edited by AverageGuy

The patchs are very dangerous, no doubt. I had a walk into town today from the office and felt like I was auditioning (very badly) for Dancing on Ice.

As I have already said I dont expect anyone to get hurt trying to do their job but my street has been clear for a few days now, at least the road has anyway because the neighbours and I cleared it then gritted it. Everyone has also cleared a path to their letter boxes just in case. Now as I live on a Cul De Sac there is little chance of anyone getting mowed down by traffic either so what is the H&S issue? A van came down here on Sunday so someone from Royal Mail has seen it, I dare say many other streets are the same.

At the end of the day a blanket ban on deliveries in certain areas is just poor service, they should try and bring back what they cant deliver. That at least would be a start.

Exactly. We've had no post for over a week now and it's just not good enough. We have to walk the kids in the road to and from school because of the pavements - I think they are a little more vulnerable than a postie and we can manage. If the posties can't manage to carry too much, then they need to use a van and park up and then deliver in batches.

Plenty of other services are managing in this weather and at this time of year, we need our post.

Well I am beginning to think we won't make faithless tommorrow night went down to Capel street today all shut up and sign saying closed due to weather don't know any other way of getting my post :roll:

Any proof you bought them? Online email confirmation? Print it, take ID and the card you paid with. You won't be the only one in the situation. Give arena a call to see where you stand x