Royal Mail deliveries in Snow - Sheffield Area

I'm in Millhouses and still haven't had any post. Hoping it will come soon though as I have a 5 year old brother who turns 6 on the 18th who won't be getting any presents unless I get a delivery!

What time did you go? My delivery office is also caple street, ive seen a parcel van (sadly he didnt bring my new wellies lol) on our road today and my postie has been delivering on our street since saturday.

My delivery office is also Capel Street and I've had post but when I tried phoning yesterday there was no one answering.

My delivery office is also Capel Street and I've had post but when I tried phoning yesterday there was no one answering.

Thats because this the THE worst delivery office EVER! the staff are rude and ignorant and dont give a damn whether you get your post or not! We as an area have petitioned because we dont even have a regular postman because they wony pay for a replacement! Which means our post is always late in the day and thats IF it arrives at all! It may not be capel sts decision to employ new staff but their attitude when we contact them is outright disgusting!!

I've just spoken to a really nice bloke at the Woodseats sorting office who kindly explained what the situation is. There are about 50,000 parcels in the depot at the moment and the parcels are being sorted in the order they came in to the depot. So last Monday's parcels will go out before last Tuesday's, which makes sense. There's no point just turning up at the office if you don't have a card saying you missed a delivery, because it would take hours to search for one particular parcel.

The parcel posties are going out in vans to clear the backlog as quickly as they can and in some cases your house may get several deliveries in a day. So the advice is to just be patient and eventually the backlog will be cleared.

Thanks to whoever I spoke to just now for explaining it all to me! :):thumbsup:

Thats because this the THE worst delivery office EVER! the staff are rude and ignorant and dont give a damn whether you get your post or not! We as an area have petitioned because we dont even have a regular postman because they wony pay for a replacement! Which means our post is always late in the day and thats IF it arrives at all! It may not be capel sts decision to employ new staff but their attitude when we contact them is outright disgusting!!

I beg to differ chapletown sorting office is the worst.

Manager never deals with any complaints same problems always opened,missing,delived to wrong house mail ect.

Never get a reg postie for more than 3 weeks prob because they quit or get found out (cougth missing mail you know who you are).

Half the time never stick a card throu door if your out and they have a parcel or dont even bother knocking.

Some weeks go days without any post because manager as not covered round (willfull delay if your a postie,mail failure if your a manager)

infact that office as one nice person and he is due to retire.

I used to stick up for posties but now i just think royal mail and its staff are a complete set of ...snowballs:rant: