Royal Mail deliveries in Snow - Sheffield Area

I've just spoken to a really nice bloke at the Woodseats sorting office who kindly explained what the situation is. There are about 50,000 parcels in the depot at the moment and the parcels are being sorted in the order they came in to the depot. So last Monday's parcels will go out before last Tuesday's, which makes sense. There's no point just turning up at the office if you don't have a card saying you missed a delivery, because it would take hours to search for one particular parcel.

The parcel posties are going out in vans to clear the backlog as quickly as they can and in some cases your house may get several deliveries in a day. So the advice is to just be patient and eventually the backlog will be cleared.

Thanks to whoever I spoke to just now for explaining it all to me! :):thumbsup:

i went in yesterday without a card and my post was waiting at the callers office x

This was because the van had 'attempted' deliveries and my road was inaccessible.

obviously better if you ring first to make sure you have some though!

Anyone know where local collection office is for Sheffield 2 london road area. I dont want to ring their 0845 number to find out. Had no post for about 10 days, and have alot of packages on the way.

Your local delivery office is CDO, Ponds Street, Sheffield.

Well if this government gets its way and sells off the postal service were all going to be worse off. The prices will rocket and the service will be poorer, so give Royal Mail a chance to sort the back post, weve had some crappy weather recently and it has to be doubly difficult at this time of year with the christmas rush.

Hi

Anyone had any post in S12 Charnock / Gleadless area yet? I saw the van on our road Sunday but since then nothing.

I have parcels on the way as gifts, perishables as well :(

I dont want the posties breaking their necks but this is getting a bit silly now.

Nothing on our estate yet, but having been out, I wouldn't deliver here either lol

I've just spoken to a really nice bloke at the Woodseats sorting office who kindly explained what the situation is. There are about 50,000 parcels in the depot at the moment and the parcels are being sorted in the order they came in to the depot. So last Monday's parcels will go out before last Tuesday's, which makes sense. There's no point just turning up at the office if you don't have a card saying you missed a delivery, because it would take hours to search for one particular parcel.

The parcel posties are going out in vans to clear the backlog as quickly as they can and in some cases your house may get several deliveries in a day. So the advice is to just be patient and eventually the backlog will be cleared.

Thanks to whoever I spoke to just now for explaining it all to me! :):thumbsup:

Did they give you any idea of when you could expect the parcels? I'm waiting for things that were due the beginning of last week, I had a delivery on Saturday of just letters but nothing since then, although Royal Mail and the delivery office have told me the vans were out delivering.

I know it's going to take a while to get the backlog cleared but I don't understand why I'm not receiving anything at all. There is still snow on the street but people are coming and going, I have seen Royal Mail vans drive past the end of the street but I don't think there has been a postman on the street so far this week, on foot or otherwise. I was told yesterday if they could get to us we'd have a delivery, but nothing arrived. I don't think they should have to work in hazardous conditions but the road is accessible and people seem to be going on a off the street as normal, although you do have to be more careful.

I spoke to the delivery office yesterday and asked if I had any parcels waiting, they said they couldn't tell me and asked if I could make it down there. I'm reluctant to do that unless I know I can collect something, I'd probably have to get the bus both ways so it would cost me money and I imagine there are quite long queues there at the moment.

Just called Woodseats office to ask if i would be getting deliveries today. If my road is clear for the van then yes certainly. Well, it is. Lets see

the woodseats parcel postie is out and about in S7 this morning, had nothing for me though :(