Royal Mail deliveries in Snow - Sheffield Area

I just bumped into the postie on Sheldon Rd., Nether Edge. I was on my way to the sorting office at Woodseats Rd. but he said there was no point unless I had a note saying delivery had been attempted. As mentioned previously, there are sacks upon sacks of parcels which would have to be searched through. So many that they are no longer taking any more in as there is no more room.

Apparently central sorting offices are taking on more staff to sort the problem, but not Woodseats!

He also told me that they had been told that if they injured themselves the PO wouldn't be liable, as they are going out under their own volition!

He was going up Sheldon Road (which is solid ice, believe me ) and couldn't come back down the other side because it is lethal, so no mail there.

He said that he doubted that a lot of parcels ordered recently would make it for christmas.

Great.

All credit to him for doing all he can.

I just bumped into the postie on Sheldon Rd., Nether Edge. I was on my way to the sorting office at Woodseats Rd. but he said there was no point unless I had a note saying delivery had been attempted. As mentioned previously, there are sacks upon sacks of parcels which would have to be searched through. So many that they are no longer taking any more in as there is no more room.

Apparently central sorting offices are taking on more staff to sort the problem, but not Woodseats!

He also told me that they had been told that if they injured themselves the PO wouldn't be liable, as they are going out under their own volition!

He was going up Sheldon Road (which is solid ice, believe me ) and couldn't come back down the other side because it is lethal, so no mail there.

He said that he doubted that a lot of parcels ordered recently would make it for christmas.

Great.

All credit to him for doing all he can.

He needs to pop out and get some proper walking gear. Not sure about the PO not being liable as they should be providing the appropriate footwear or giving an allowance for such items.

I attempted to phone my local sorting office (stocksbridge) to see if they had held any parcels there...i rang at 11.45 and was told "i would have to ring back tomorrow as they shut at 12 o clock and were going home"

surely if there is a backlog they should be working extra not working half a day and calling it quits...im so angry i might go and wait at the door for when they open at 6am and demand that they sort the post for myself and my workplace....ive paid for next day delivery on several parcels i am waiting for and have not got it. No wonder there is argument about the sorting office staff pay/pensions....they dont do any work to deserve it

In honesty, I don't think any walking gear can cope with solid ice, apart from crampons. My very good hiking boots might as well be slippers!

I've been waiting two and a half weeks for stuff. Worrying.

Well my are working fine. What make are yours???