Royal Mail deliveries in Snow - Sheffield Area

Makes me wonder whats going off when staff in the Halfway Post Office are sat in the back, gostering with laughter, why aren't they out delivering. 12 oclock and its closed, surely they should be working extra to clear the back log?

It's not acceptable, they can use the road to walk down and go up the paths to houses in between. It is treacherous in places, but it will only get worse.

Not having things in time for Christmas is a joke at this point. And what about the lady and her wedding dress? I'm waiting on things wedding related which if they don't come very soon will leave me even further out of pocket as I'll have to pay extra for alternatives.

I's true that there isn't a grip for ice other than spikes, which aren't fantastic on pavements anyway, but every walking pole has a spike on the end when you take the rubber bit off and they will allow someone to walk very fast and sturdy on icy pavements.

Royal Mail have been shooting themselves in the foot for a few years now with poorer and poorer customer service, increasing prices and very public disputes that nobody had sympathy for. It's a rough job I can imagine but we've had ice, water, wind and rain before. None of this is new!

Come on, something needs to be done and more staff that are hired to not walk icy pavements isn't going to help.

Makes me wonder whats going off when staff in the Halfway Post Office are sat in the back, gostering with laughter, why aren't they out delivering. 12 oclock and its closed, surely they should be working extra to clear the back log?

Im sure over time is offered they cant make people work longer than contracted hours. My mates are Postmen and deliver parcels and then do a round they grab as many hours as they can but unfortunately not everyone does. I ordered something off Amazon Saturday came today good old Royal Mail!

they have made no effort to tell people how to get their parcels etc i just says "the address was inaccessible" on the tracking confirmation, strange that because the postman managed to get up the road on foot, they just havnt tried to deliver,

they dont answer the phone at pond street, no answer machine message giving people information, absolutely useless royal mail!!!!