Royal Mail deliveries in Snow - Sheffield Area

There not delivering parcels at present and clearing the back log of letters ive been told that its doubtful they'll get here for xmas

A friend of mine drives the articulated Royal Mail trucks and tells me they are on top of the deliveries to the sorting offices in the UK. Its the individual sorting offices that are failing the system

Royal mail staff make up their own minds about routes:

"The usual get-out clause is "don't deliver to an address if you consider it dangerous"

Now it's entirely your responsibility."

So are they are some posties looking out the window and saying, "nah"?

I hope this is taken as annual leave or unpaid special leave as my old workplace would be enforcing that if you made your decision to not go to work due to safety concerns.

Leah-Lacie: if you get through to woodseats could you let me know? I've not managed to get through to them the last few times I've tried over the last couple of months.

A friend of mine drives the articulated Royal Mail trucks and tells me they are on top of the deliveries to the sorting offices in the UK. Its the individual sorting offices that are failing the system

How do they get the articulated trucks to the sorting offices ? Must be a nightmare from what I've seen of the local offices.

Royal mail staff make up their own minds about routes:

"The usual get-out clause is "don't deliver to an address if you consider it dangerous"

Now it's entirely your responsibility."

So are they are some posties looking out the window and saying, "nah"?

I hope this is taken as annual leave or unpaid special leave as my old workplace would be enforcing that if you made your decision to not go to work due to safety concerns.

Leah-Lacie: if you get through to woodseats could you let me know? I've not managed to get through to them the last few times I've tried over the last couple of months.

its engaged right now but they've answered to me once this morning and told me the vans are out in my area. That was at 8am. I also got through yesterday although that was a first x

not seen any of the larger vehicals coming into stocky, but i think they send special delivery/recorded delivery items in a seperate vehical...which maybe is what i see on my way to work at 7.30ish coming from sheffield. But they are generally "smaller" even tho the vans are still pretty big compared to the local delivery vans (ford connect vans i think)

I cant believe it it is been more than 2 weeks now for late parcels...no letters and no post for other neighbours on wostenholm road.... I've just seen a postman with empty bag crossing the street but he wasnt posting anything...omg what is going on with these people ..tried to ring woodeats office engaged all time...