Royal Mail deliveries in Snow - Sheffield Area

So if you couldnt work for 4 days last week and you got to work for them to tell you you had to work 28 hours extra (assuming 7 hours per day) the week after you would be pleased about it? Employers cant do that as the snow couldnt be helped.

Do you work?

i do work but Im quite thankfully on maternity leave at this moment in time. I wasn't thinking of the hours when i made that comment tbh, more of the money they would probably be happy at the chance of making up x

Whatever they do to clear this backlog is pointless unless they get out and deliver the stuff. To think that parcels are simply sat rotting in a depot somewhere, sorted or not is very depressing.

This snow was bad, the worst I have ever seen but still it appears that there isn't much of a contingency in place. Surely at some point thay have to bite the bullet, agree to compensate for injuies and get this moving at a pace.

For heavens sake even if they send out 2 at a time for H&S, in vans that is better than nothing. All we want to see is a concerted effort, and if one is already going on then communicate it somehow. A list of postcode updates on the webpage would help, rather than a blanket notice about adverse weather in Scotland and other areas.

I dont want to see RM privatised but I would gladly pay more to get parcels through weather like this. The private couriers are managing ok.

Edited by AverageGuy

How do you know which post office will have your mail? I live in S12 and am equi-distant between 2 post offices, or would it be the sorting office? cant get through on royal mail lines. i am waiting on lots of post, and worrying about what could have gone missing :(

How do you know which post office will have your mail? I live in S12 and am equi-distant between 2 post offices, or would it be the sorting office? cant get through on royal mail lines. i am waiting on lots of post, and worrying about what could have gone missing :(

Its your local sorting office. If you're at the intake end its pit lane...whichever one you usually have to collect from when they leave a card x

I think its the sorting offices but not sure. I am S12 and normally use Pitt Lane to collect parcels at least.

Thinking of going down early in the morning with some ID if nothing has turned up when I get home. Cant think of what else to do, just seems like they have forgotten about us.