Royal Mail deliveries in Snow - Sheffield Area

It wouldn't be over time though. Would it? The back log is caused mostly by them not being able to work last week

The posties have to pay it back,by not working the full days hours you owe the time back.

So if you work 6 hours instead of 8 you have to work the 2 hours difference on top of your normal day when asked to.

Whatever they do to clear this backlog is pointless unless they get out and deliver the stuff. To think that parcels are simply sat rotting in a depot somewhere, sorted or not is very depressing.

This snow was bad, the worst I have ever seen but still it appears that there isn't much of a contingency in place. Surely at some point thay have to bite the bullet, agree to compensate for injuies and get this moving at a pace.

For heavens sake even if they send out 2 at a time for H&S, in vans that is better than nothing. All we want to see is a concerted effort, and if one is already going on then communicate it somehow. A list of postcode updates on the webpage would help, rather than a blanket notice about adverse weather in Scotland and other areas.

I dont want to see RM privatised but I would gladly pay more to get parcels through weather like this. The private couriers are managing ok.

I had a parcel from a courier delivered on Sunday evening. All I've had from Royal Mail since last Monday is 2 deliveries with a couple of letters, no parcels. We keep hearing about how much of a backlog they've got but I'm wondering what they're doing to get things delivered as people don't actually seem to be receiving parcels even when they do have a delivery.

I had a parcel from a courier delivered on Sunday evening. All I've had from Royal Mail since last Monday is 2 deliveries with a couple of letters, no parcels. We keep hearing about how much of a backlog they've got but I'm wondering what they're doing to get things delivered as people don't actually seem to be receiving parcels even when they do have a delivery.

i did get one royal mail parcel on Sunday. Just one out of 100 expected though and it was posted nov 20th. I think they are actually prioritising letters and fobbing us off by saying the vans are out with parcels x

Nybody seen postie is S5 Sicey avenue Area, Not had any post since saturday, what a joke this is we have packages waiting to come and Car tax disc wish i could just say ice on paths not coming in today, but no i and others live in the real world and have to go to work to get paid no matter what. Come on royal mail get of your back sides and get some work Done.

Nybody seen postie is S5 Sicey avenue Area, Not had any post since saturday, what a joke this is we have packages waiting to come and Car tax disc wish i could just say ice on paths not coming in today, but no i and others live in the real world and have to go to work to get paid no matter what. Come on royal mail get of your back sides and get some work Done.

Do you have to walk on ice for 4 hours when you go to work,

or do you sit on your backside and work?