Royal Mail deliveries in Snow - Sheffield Area

It wasn't much use when I did get through yesterday, I just want to try and find out what's happening. Not sure if I should go to the delivery office, wait or what. If there was the odd parcel arriving I'd be happier to wait, but it seems like none are being delivered. I don;t want to go to the delivery office to find there is nothing there, or they won't look to see if there is anything waiting.

Do you have to walk on ice for 4 hours when you go to work,

or do you sit on your backside and work?

Sounds like you need another job mate. Part and parcel of job (Forgive the pun). If you can't hack it quit simple as. Bit like a bouncer grumbling about getting into a fight.

Now, although the issues of the last 10 days or so are understandable, the problem with efficiently clearing the backlog might be beyond the Woodseats office.

I'm led to believe that it doesn't run exactly like a well-oiled machine if you catch my drift!

Would be surprised if they got on top of it anytime this week.

Oh please Kirakk, you're not the only people that have to walk about, in the cold, doing things. I bet there are park wardens on duty in the peaks and I've seen coppers and other people out and about. What about ambassadors who get crap from members of the public in their faces? What about builders, tree surgeons and farmers? Dreymen, wardens and midwives?

Maybe you got conned when you applied to be a postie and thought you still got a bike, or maybe you just thought you'd be in the delivery office ignoring phone calls?

How come a lot of guys can deliver in S18 and Scotland?

I might subscribe to a sunday paper and see if the paper lad can make it round.

THE MAIL MUST GO THROUGH __ THE MAIL MUST GO THROUGH!!!!

Come on Royal mail show some pioneering spirit. MAYBE YOU COULD DO SOME TRAINING IN NOVA SCOTIA -- ITS ONLY SNOW FOR GOD SAKE. THE MAIN ROADS ARE OPEN AND US POOR SOULS OFF THE BEATEN TRACK HAVE HAD TO DO WITHOUT BUSES, FRESH FOOD DELIVERIES ETC- AND RISK LIFE AND LIMB WALKING TO SHOPS AND TO WORK BECAUSE WE HAVE BILLS TO PAY-- SO YES WE DO KNOW WHAT ITS LIKE OUT HERE!!!!

I completely understand posties not being able to get everywhere due to the weather, so we went down to woodseats to pick our mail up. A few letters and 2 small packets posted AFTER the snow. So everything else (and it's about 10 parcels, most of which are really tiny) is just sitting somewhere waiting to be sorted.

I know for a fact there is a special delivery item at woodseats, because amazon have tracked it that far, but they don't seem to be making any effort to prioritise the backlog. I've lost a little of my patience with it now tbh.

Before anyone asks - yes I work, yes I missed 1 day last week because I couldn't get in, and yes I have to either work the time back or take it as annual leave.

Edited by em23
because I should learn to proof read lol