Royal Mail deliveries in Snow - Sheffield Area

he delivered it on the thursday, please leave 48 hours....... Saturday! why would he waste time writing the day of the week he'd delivered it?

As stated, the cards were left on Monday 25th October and dated as though he had tried to deliver them on Saturday 23rd October. I would have found them on the 23rd had he genuinely tried to deliver them that day.

It's all about accountability. The RM are a typical public sector organisation, much like the NHS - they think they exist for their own benefit, not for the good of it's customers. The unions have a lot to answer for - remember the strikes last year when the RM management tried to get posties to work a full day like the rest of us?

The RM is part of the critical infrastructure of the country. It is simply not acceptable that businesses and individuals should receive no mail whatsoever for 9 days and no-one is accountable. My business is suffering badly, some will be on the brink. Does the CWU give the slightest toss about mine or anyone elses business? No, they despise business in all its forms.

What load of baloney!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've had far worse service from other courier services..........late delivery, packages that should be signed for left on the doorstep for all to see, out of town distribution centres which are miles and miles from where I live if I need to collect a parcel instead of a RM local sorting office and they are not cheap!!! Do you seriously think that a private company (particularly a private MONOPOLY) would deliver mail for the same cost as RM!

How are they accountable? In the delivery office today, an old fella asked to speak to the manager because he was so frustrated at the utter lack of concern that the staff showed. He was told (most likely lied to) that no-one was available. Now, if we can't even complain to the first level line manager on the ground, how the hell can we complain higher up the chain? Precisely what sanctions will be imposed on the RM for this un-necessary fiasco? Absolutely none.

As far as accountability of a private company is concerned, yes, they are primarily accountable to their shareholders to make a profit and pay a dividend, but if there is a choice, then customers vote with their feet and go to a competitor. So, it's in the company's interest to provide good service and keep their customers in order to maximise profit and dividend for shareholders. That's how the free market works. However, in the case of the RM, a sell-off should also include a statutary responsibility of the private companies that move into the market.

the largest user of Royal Mails 'down stream access' (delivering letters for other companies) is TNT. They have already said that they would probably pull out of Britain if RM is privatised, because it is RM that would call all the shots and charge what they liked for this 'final mile' service. TNT provide over half of this mail. if they and others such as DHL pull out, RM mail will have... you guessed it, a monopoly!

What load of baloney!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've had far worse service from other courier services..........late delivery, packages that should be signed for left on the doorstep for all to see, out of town distribution centres which are miles and miles from where I live if I need to collect a parcel instead of a RM local sorting office and they are not cheap!!! Do you seriously think that a private company (particularly a private MONOPOLY) would deliver mail for the same cost as RM!

Who said owt about a private monopoly?

I livein S8 have had mail every day this week.

Some parcels have not come yet but I accept there must be a backlog and they may prioritise letters.

I think the postman round here do a great job.

Have you seen the state of some peoples drives? just getting to the door must have been an achievment!