Royal Mail deliveries in Snow - Sheffield Area

Whereabouts? A postie came round Pennyholme on Tuesday, and if they dare come up that hill with the snow & ice on it they should be prepared to go anywhere!

Im on Redhill. People on Saxon Road havent had any either. My mum in Harthill hasnt had any since monday last week.

i have just been told

that if you live on severnside estate woodhouse s13

only top 2 roads are getting mail

no

no

bin men

no

gritters

why why why

I think the gritters are all around our area ... of course, we do have the Duke Of Devonshire living nearby so that may have something to do with it.

My mum in Harthill hasnt had any since monday last week.

I don't think anything's getting through to Harthill at the minute to be honest; post, gritting or bin-wise. My friends there are attempting to kick up a fuss about it but, as expected, it seems to be falling upon deaf ears! :rolleyes:

I spoke to our postie yesterday regarding the deliveries (I have been waiting for my monthly comics order for almost 2 weeks now, along with the Cataclysm update for WoW), and I fully sympathise with his plight. He said he had no idea what was going to happen as already he had 3 and a half large sacks full of packages to be delivered, and more coming each day due to Christmas purchases.

Apparently van deliveries are going to start picking up the slack from today, but with the backlog out there, and the usual extra deliveries at this time anyway, it is just a case of waiting and hoping.

I don't think anything's getting through to Harthill at the minute to be honest; post, gritting or bin-wise. My friends there are attempting to kick up a fuss about it but, as expected, it seems to be falling upon deaf ears! :rolleyes:

Cheers for the info. Me thinks i may have to pay a visit to the dinnington delivery office, see if i can pick up our mail.

Talking to my mates last night at Football who are both Postmen and they said there clearing the back log of letters then will do the parcels one said he had delivered 1400 letters yesterday and was working 4am - 6pm 7 days a week until xmas. He does love the overtime!