Royal Mail deliveries in Snow - Sheffield Area

10 days, still absolutely nothing on our road. Oddly enough, the bins were emptied today (which I would have thought far more arduous and dangerous than delivering mail), and also the bloke that comes to clean the wheelybin managed to get around. Paperboy was here again (at the same time as normal), milkman's been all week to other houses on road, and I've had 4 separate courier companies make deliveries. So why no mail? Come on RM workers, try to offer an explanation...

i can't speak for your delivery office, just my own (S11). apart from the day we had the really heavy snow and no mail came up from the mail centre, so we got sent home, we have worked EVERY day. our vans, of which i am the driver of one of them, have gone out every day and the footmen have also gone out everyday, admittedly not their entire walks everday, but where they haven't gone one day they have gone the next. if you put aside that day we got sent home, i personally haven't had a day off since the 27th of November, that includes Sunday, so i am quite livid that people come on here and call us lazy, workshy so and so's. i don't know how your delivery office works but that is the situation at ours.

Has anyone got any ideas about the situation of outgoing post? I posted something first thing yesterday morning (at the City Road Post Office box) down to Devon and the recipient ideally needs it before they go away on Saturday.

No problem with post going elsewhere, oh! except if the postbox has been blocked with frozen snow that some idiot has piled around it when clearing their driveway (and there has been a few of those).

i can't speak for your delivery office, just my own (S11). apart from the day we had the really heavy snow and no mail came up from the mail centre, so we got sent home, we have worked EVERY day. our vans, of which i am the driver of one of them, have gone out every day and the footmen have also gone out everyday, admittedly not their entire walks everday, but where they haven't gone one day they have gone the next. if you put aside that day we got sent home, i personally haven't had a day off since the 27th of November, that includes Sunday, so i am quite livid that people come on here and call us lazy, workshy so and so's. i don't know how your delivery office works but that is the situation at ours.

Woodseats delivery office clearly does not work judging by the complaints from S8 on here. For not a single item of mail to get to any address on a perfectly flat road suggest a very very serious problem with some individuals, be it management or specific posties. But who is going to be held to account? Nobody, that's who. Meanwhile we are still waiting, and the situation is getting desparate for my business, and nobody at the d.o. can offer any explanation or even seems to give the slightest toss about the situation. I have been blatently lied to by the staff at Woodseats on two occasions when they said my mail was out for delivery. It's either bad individuals, or even worse, management policy at Woodseats to lie to customers. Either way, heads should roll, but they won't.

A letter of complaint (for what it's worth) has been sent to RM (I wonder if it will even get there?), and I will also be writing to Meg Munn MP in the hope that she can get some answers. I would strongly urge others in the S8 area to do the same. If by some miracle I get a reply from RM (which is doubtful given past experience), undoubtedly the words "exceptional circumstances" will be used as a cop out. I'm afraid that excuse passed its sell by date a week ago!

well today on s7..only junk mail ..no parcels no important mail or redirections...emailed RM few days ago recieved a standard template apologys reply...well done very impressed

That's the problem, there is nobody to complain to. The 'real' people within RM are isolated from us by a computer spweing out standard fob-off letters. Whenever you complain about any issue, be it lost mail, late mail, damaged mail etc. you get the same template reply and never ever do RM bother to give a personal reply or bother to address any specifics of the complaint. You might as well complain to the cat!

Three trips to the Woodseats d.o. have been totally fruitless, and I am still no wiser as to where my considerable amount of mail is located or when I can expect to receive it. If it wasn't so serious, the incompetence of some within the RM would be laughable.

That's the problem, there is nobody to complain to. The 'real' people within RM are isolated from us by a computer spweing out standard fob-off letters. Whenever you complain about any issue, be it lost mail, late mail, damaged mail etc. you get the same template reply and never ever do RM bother to give a personal reply or bother to address any specifics of the complaint. You might as well complain to the cat!

Three trips to the Woodseats d.o. have been totally fruitless, and I am still no wiser as to where my considerable amount of mail is located or when I can expect to receive it. If it wasn't so serious, the incompetence of some within the RM would be laughable.

Another two novels in 2 posts and my cat does not care about the post being delivered.

Another two novels in 2 posts and my cat does not care about the post being delivered.

From http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-humber-11947501

"However our members have been asked to remain aware of safety hazards and if they feel their delivery walk has become too dangerous or inaccessible due to poor weather, managers will support their decision not to carry on and will encourage them to return to the office."

I think I know where the finger is pointing now...

I apologise if more than one sentence at a time is too much for you! :rolleyes: And there should be a comma after the word "posts".