Leave the car at home today

Tony

If you have a job where you can work from home why take the risk of going in?

Or, if you have a job where you have to leave the house, why risk staying at home?

Some of us cannot afford time off. Each driver should be able to decide for themselves based on experience, route knowledge and traffic/weather info if it's worth going out or not.

Has the OP been past the end of their road to see what the rest of the world is like yet? Anyone ever see that film, The Village, by M. Night Shyamalan? :hihi:

Has the OP been past the end of their road to see what the rest of the world is like yet? Anyone ever see that film, The Village, by M. Night Shyamalan? :hihi:

Oh, yes, I've left Lodge Moor in the pitch black (no buses past Ranmoor BTW), Ecclesall, Sharrow, through town, Gleadless, over Manor Top, Intake, Richmond, Manor and back over Manor Top down City Road and Granville Road into the town centre for a hot coffee. The roads were quiet but those who were venturing out were having problems anywhere except the major roads.

So having already driven further than most of you will today and for what it's worth my advice is to leave the car at home.

I cleared the car at six this morning and tuck it for a spin around the block. Went up and down a few hills and all went fine.... Decided not bother with my van and to drive my wife to work instead as she is a little un sure in the snow. She is a support worker and it is important that she calls on them to give them there meds., lunch and to generally check there ik in there homes....the main roads are clear of snow that we have been on just a little busy. Side loads are thick with snow but if you take your time are passable (excluding steep hills of cause)

Archived