Leave the car at home today

Tony

We were absolutely fine in our bogo focus with winter tyres on, no issues whatsoever, no need to abandon vehicles at all!

Mine has 225/40 tyres on and I cant even get it off the drive, block paving with hardly any slope and I am stuck even when its just a dusting of snow.

Oh come on! It looks perfectly ok for my car on the jam cams - a knackered old two wheel drive with winter tyres. My only problem might be getting past the people who think summer tyres and a heavy right foot might give them some grip.

If I don't go in, I don't get paid. So I am prepared. If you're not, get out of my way please!

you can have winter tyres stacked sky high or the best 4x4 in the world,

but if theres 200 cars jammed in front of you your going nowhere

My OH made it into work in the city centre from Edale this morning. His only problem was other people sliding around and traffic. He was in my 4X4 so had no problems. Nobody that lives in Sheffield made it in though :rolleyes: some could have walked.

you can have winter tyres stacked sky high or the best 4x4 in the world,

but if theres 200 cars jammed in front of you your going nowhere

That was my point: I have gone for just the four winter tyres and two wheel drive, but that is perfectly fine. I've dropped my o/h off at work this morning and had a bit of a drive afterwards to see where the limits of the winter tyres are, and I didn't really find them - I got a little tiny bit of wheelspin going up Hunter House Road but that was only as the loose slush moved - as soon as the tyres hit the snow the wheelspin stopped.

I'm impressed.

Archived