Leave the car at home today

Tony

It was rammed this morning, much busier than normal. Surely all these people don't normally clog up the road by driving into the city centre???
This usually seems to be the case at 'home time' rush hour as well when it's raining. There always seems to be twice as many cars/vans/buses than usual.

All the people with winter tyres on, do you put them on a spare set of steelies? And where do you keep your alloys? Do you only use them whilst it's snowy? Doesn't running them in normal winter weather wear them out very quickly?

I run them on the normal rims all year round on the 4x4 with no appreciable difference in wear or day to day handling. You will be able to get them with the appropriate speed rating that you require. Tell Hawleys on Sharrowvale Rd what you want.

So having already driven further than most of you will today and for what it's worth my advice is to leave the car at home.

Today, due mainly to the idiot drivers who cant drive in these conditions causing unnecessary congestion, i have only driven a mere 218 miles... Aston - Sheffield - Burton on trent - Coventry - Hinkley - Bingham - Nottingham - Aston. All in a LWB RWD Sprinter without much load and my wheels barely slipped whatsoever.

The sheer incompetence of many drivers never ceases to amaze me. :|

Quite.

I'm sat in an office reading about all the people who are stuck on buses and cars, and was cycling slower on the main roads not because of the slush but because of the slow cars "wobbling around in the middle of the road holding everybody else up"

You have to overtake them properly, you know. You never know when these idiots are gonna suddenly change direction for no reason whatsoever :|

Archived