Panic food buying, the big freeze.

It could... We could get that much snow that you get stuck in your house for a few weeks, and then die... that's it, world gone.

thats my situation!

well not the dying part, but im using crutches so cant go anywhere in the snow.

i went shopping in my car just before the snow started, and i mean i literally got home half an hour before it started!

i stocked up on loads of tinned stuff and UHT milk and freezer stuff and pasta, cheese, eggs, teabags etc so i know that im ok for a couple of weeks now as i cannot leave the house unless i actually want to break my other leg as well...

as for bread, theres a little shop underneath the flats i live in that i can get to without having to go out onto the main roads, so hopefully they will have some bread! otherwise its cereal for breakfast and the bake at home rolls to go with my soup.

i pre-panicked and now i feel relaxed :D

thats my situation!

well not the dying part, but im using crutches so cant go anywhere in the snow.

i went shopping in my car just before the snow started, and i mean i literally got home half an hour before it started!

i stocked up on loads of tinned stuff and UHT milk and freezer stuff and pasta, cheese, eggs, teabags etc so i know that im ok for a couple of weeks now as i cannot leave the house unless i actually want to break my other leg as well...

as for bread, theres a little shop underneath the flats i live in that i can get to without having to go out onto the main roads, so hopefully they will have some bread! otherwise its cereal for breakfast and the bake at home rolls to go with my soup.

i pre-panicked and now i feel relaxed :D

If any problem did happen to arise just pm me and I will come and give you a hand.

If any problem did happen to arise just pm me and I will come and give you a hand.

aww, thanks! How kind! :D

im ok i think. i've packed the car away until the snow clears and i think i have enough in to last me out the weather!

its just hoping that the taxis are running to get me to hospital appointments tomorrow and thursday, but i'd rather cancel them than risk further injuries if need be!

Eat the neighbours pet rabbit

or

Gett of my butt and walk to the shops.

And fight for flippin food again !! No thanks Id rather get stocked up.

Got plenty of tinned soups (Home Bargains)

Tinned carrots & peas

Dried milk

Frozen steak, pork chops, chicken portions, cod, and bread.

Frozen jacket potatoes (5 mins in microwave)

Tinned fruit, rice puds.

Im ready for the big freeze. And if it doesnt come ? So what ? No problem, just gradually get through the food already in. Problem solved.:)

And fight for flippin food again !! No thanks Id rather get stocked up.

Got plenty of tinned soups (Home Bargains)

Tinned carrots & peas

Dried milk

Frozen steak, pork chops, chicken portions, cod, and bread.

Frozen jacket potatoes (5 mins in microwave)

Tinned fruit, rice puds.

Im ready for the big freeze. And if it doesnt come ? So what ? No problem, just gradually get through the food already in. Problem solved.:)

You're no Fanny Craddock then?.

Archived