Paul Weller tonight - Still going ahead

sheffscott1

I've just tried from S26 and couldnt even get off our estate before the car started skidding all over the place. Decided to sack it off, not worth the risk of getting stranded / a wrecked car!!

That's where I am, it's also sitting in ignorance for three hours as well worrying about what to do.

Imagine that 1/2 the audience won't make it but then it' s our loss, not his :S

We didn't make it. Got to St Mary's Gate roundabout and came back. As you say, not worth wrecking the car for.

Sure, Hallam FM and co will benefit from the money for this particular concert, but who's gonna book again for a winter concert in advance? I know I won't. I'm just going to email them now to say how bloody irresponsible they are for not cancelling and to say they'll lose my business over the winter period and maybe other people's too.

Poor form in my opinion!

We didn't make it. Got to St Mary's Gate roundabout and came back. As you say, not worth wrecking the car for.

Sure, Hallam FM and co will benefit from the money for this particular concert, but who's gonna book again for a winter concert in advance? I know I won't. I'm just going to email them now to say how bloody irresponsible they are for not cancelling and to say they'll lose my business over the winter period and maybe other people's too.

Poor form in my opinion!

I've messaged Weller.

I've had a message from someone who's there who says it's half full.

Ive every sympathy with those who couldn't make it through the snow, but what could the Arena do? Obviously Weller was there and there were many people who did make it to the venue who would have been disappointed if he didnt perform tonight.

Archived