Paul Weller tonight - Still going ahead

sheffscott1

We didn't make it. Got to St Mary's Gate roundabout and came back. As you say, not worth wrecking the car for.

Sure, Hallam FM and co will benefit from the money for this particular concert, but who's gonna book again for a winter concert in advance? I know I won't. I'm just going to email them now to say how bloody irresponsible they are for not cancelling and to say they'll lose my business over the winter period and maybe other people's too.

Poor form in my opinion!

What has Hallam FM got to do with it?

Motorpoint sponsor the arena now.

This just shows what a money grabbing scumbag weller is. Would he have played if every ticket holder couldn't make it? The money is already banked so i bet he doesn't give a toss

For someone who has been an idol of mine since i was ten, I am really disappointed. Most of fans 35+ age bracket, therefore i imagine either driving or on the bus (which aren't running)

let's wait and see hopefully when he realises he's played to a half empty arena. he'll redo the date don't rip your ticket up yet.

This just shows what a money grabbing scumbag weller is. Would he have played if every ticket holder couldn't make it? The money is already banked so i bet he doesn't give a toss

Or it shows what a committed performer he is. Depends entirely on your point of view.

For someone who has been an idol of mine since i was ten, I am really disappointed. Most of fans 35+ age bracket, therefore i imagine either driving or on the bus (which aren't running)

let's wait and see hopefully when he realises he's played to a half empty arena. he'll redo the date don't rip your ticket up yet.

As he was there anyway and so were some of the audience, he probably had a duty to play for them. But if half of them were unable to get there, I agree that he should offer to do another show for them, free of charge.

They (Weller management and the Arena management) must have realised at some point that the weather conditions were unusual, to say the least.

I thought most bands had insurance to cover cancelled concerts?

A promotions company will book the bands and book the venues - they are the ones who "organise" the gig - not the band. They may very well have insurance - but I'd be very surprised if you could claim because *some* of the crowd couldn't make it through the snow to the gig.

As he was there anyway and so were some of the audience, he probably had a duty to play for them. But if half of them were unable to get there, I agree that he should offer to do another show for them, free of charge.

They (Weller management and the Arena management) must have realised at some point that the weather conditions were unusual, to say the least.

Someone who was there has said about 300 people. Intimate. Unless you sat at the back on your own.

Archived