YEDL emergency call-out guy - my hero!

A gold star for YEDL and their emergency call out man!

For a few hours last night, I kept smelling that 'electricity' smell. Went around sniffing all the appliances, everything seemed fine until suddenly the power went off! Looked outside, everything seemed ok, looked in meter cupboard, eeek! The main power switch was scorching the backboard, and hot, hot, hot. Knocked it off quickly but to cut a long story short, I had no heating, no phone, no light, mobile ran out of charge.

I had no means of communication with the outside world, not even a radio. Reading by candlelight, I felt as though I'd gone back 100 years in time and withdrawal symptoms, NO INTERNET!! :o

Anyway this angel in disguise in a YEDL uniform has trudged from the main road through the thick snow to my door and sorted it all out for me ... YAY for the YEDL man!

A gold star for YEDL and their emergency call out man!

For a few hours last night, I kept smelling that 'electricity' smell. Went around sniffing all the appliances, everything seemed fine until suddenly the power went off! Looked outside, everything seemed ok, looked in meter cupboard, eeek! The main power switch was scorching the backboard, and hot, hot, hot. Knocked it off quickly but to cut a long story short, I had no heating, no phone, no light, mobile ran out of charge.

I had no means of communication with the outside world, not even a radio. Reading by candlelight, I felt as though I'd gone back 100 years in time and withdrawal symptoms, NO INTERNET!! :o

Anyway this angel in disguise in a YEDL uniform has trudged from the main road through the thick snow to my door and sorted it all out for me ... YAY for the YEDL man!

So, how did you contact YEDL :huh:

They are great,I had a complete electrical failure one new years eve.I was dreading the thought of the cost of the call out.2 guys came within the hour,checked the fuse boxes in the house.They then went outside in pouring rain and started digging and eventually found the problem.It was a rat that must have chewed the cables and blown itself and my electrics up.They ran an emergency cable from next door and I had power again.Luckily as it was outside there was no charge for me.It was about 2 weeks though before the actual repair was done.

Archived