£2million will left to RSPCA is overturned in favour of daughter.

danot

Personally speaking, the only time I would contest a will is if the benefactor was someone I had grave misgivings about, which I appreciate is very arbitrary. In such a scenario, it wouldn't be about me getting the money, but them not having it. I would rather the benefactor were a worthy cause or charity than someone who had very tenuous claims to an estate. The problem is where do you draw the line? If someone falls for a (perceived) morally dubious character, and wants to bequeath them all their worldly goods, that is their business. The concept of coercement and being of "sound mind" are hugely open to debate and in 99% of cases it is just sour grapes: the Anna Nicole Smith/J Howard Marshall story springs to mind here.

The problem with the human race is we are inherently greedy. Our material desires all too often ride roughshod over the moral issues at stake.

Im happy you find the aduse and neglect of 2 innocent animals so funny.

Im also happy that you see no problem with the inaction of the rspca dispite their lies about caring for animals.

I don't find animal cruelty the least bit funny. I was laughing at the contradictory comment you made.. I still am actually:hihi:

I'm not. I admitted on page one that I do not know the facts of the case. What disturbs me is that some people are saying the judge's decision was right because the RSPCA don't deserve the money; that is flatly incorrect, because whether an heir deserves money is not a factor in law.
The judge it would now seem has conducted matters well within the law and good for him and well done for the daughter.

No! I don't need to have read it in this instance.

With reference to my earlier question- do you have an alternative explanation for the judges ruling yet? or does being a judge make him right regardless.

You are making unfounded assumptions that is all you've based your argument on.

It would seem that the appeal courts found his decision legally and moraly stisfactory.

The judge it would now seem has conducted matters well within the law and good for him and well done for the daughter.
Well done to the daughter? I could say the same about your brother couldn't I. Is the bitter taste still there by the way.

Just out of interest and still within the confines of the debate...why didn't you contest your mothers will considering the repercussion of that decision was bitterness?

The amount involved was not worth what it would have cost to take it through court.

The one lucky outcome was that some years before my mother died my aunt had talked her into signing her property over to me and my brother to protect against the social services claiming it for care although my brother did attempt to get her to try and get my share back.

Archived