£2million will left to RSPCA is overturned in favour of daughter.

danot

I think it is so out of order what she's done,her parents had their own personal reasons to not leave everything to her,what happened to having respect when someone makes a will..........

Surely if the will was made when both parents were of sound mind,their wishes should stick.........

Actually i think very little of the rspca so thats not an issue for me, it's the principle of it all, why the hell bother making a will if some disrespecful idiot with a axe to grind can over turn the origional will it's a joke.....

Why would any parent of sound mind leave their entire heritage to the dog's home (read RSPCA) when they have a child to leave it to? A modest bequest maybe, but the entire estate?

No wonder it's been overturned. Good call by the judge.

Agree 100%, well done that judge, if the RSPCA had half a brain they'd have attempted to do a deal with the daughter.

I think it is so out of order what she's done,her parents had their own personal reasons to not leave everything to her,what happened to having respect when someone makes a will..........

Surely if the will was made when both parents were of sound mind,their wishes should stick.........

Actually i think very little of the rspca so thats not an issue for me, it's the principle of it all, why the hell bother making a will if some disrespecful idiot with a axe to grind can over turn the origional will it's a joke.....

You don't know all the facts and neither do I but I've been the victim of my late mother having her will changed in favour of my brother who unlike me and my Wife never did anything for my mother, I didn't contest the will but it still leaves a bitter taste.

You don't know all the facts and neither do I but I've been the victim of my late mother having her will changed in favour of my brother who unlike me and my Wife never did anything for my mother, I didn't contest the will but it still leaves a bitter taste.

Agree wth you 100%, we have a friend her father made a will before he died, stating the house goes to the brother while the money in the bank account goes to her. She is the one now looking after her mother (who suffers from dementour) every day with sod all help from the brother and his wife. I must admit she has carer help during the daytime, paid for with money from the bank account, also all other bills are paid from the account. So by the time her mother dies there will be very little money left for her but the brother gets a house worth well over £100,000, Is that fair i dont think so, I think the judge made a wise judgement in this case. My only concern is the ammount of money this case will cost the RSPCA in legal fees, money that may have been donated but not to be wasted like this.

Why would any parent of sound mind leave their entire heritage to the dog's home (read RSPCA) when they have a child to leave it to? A modest bequest maybe, but the entire estate?

No wonder it's been overturned. Good call by the judge.

I absolutely agree with you.

I absolutely agree with you.
Like you and I, any personal views the judge my hold on Dr Gills parents decision to leave there entire estate to the RSPCA are irrelevant. The will is a legally binding valid document stating the final instructions of the deceased that the judge is duty bound to respect and honour, unless he has good reason to believe the testator was not of sound mind when the will was drawn up. He had no reason to believe the testator wasn't of sound mind, he just doesn't agree with their final instructions, so he's overturned the will. How can that be deemed good judgement when he's had to abuse his position to enforce the ruling?

Archived