£2million will left to RSPCA is overturned in favour of daughter.

danot

This isnt neglect.

Its abuse and ive reported it many times.

Your excuse for them doing jack is????

Like I said- It is inevitable that some animals will and do continue to suffer at the hands of irresponsible and cruel owners that own them. Do you seriously believe that the RSPCA have the money, manpower and resources to immediately attend and investigate every reported incident? Domestic pets are not the only animals the RSPCA aim to rescue from a life of misery you know.

According to the letter of the law, a will is legally binding, although it can be challenged if the testator wasn't of 'sound mind, or was influenced by another' at the time of signing.

Like I said earlier, is the judge keeping the evidence secret? what evidence is there that the testator was influenced or wasn't of sound mind?

There doesn't appear to be any, unless like the judge you consider Dr Gills claims to be evidence.

Have you seen the full transcript of the Trial yes or no, if no stop posting until you have.

Have you seen the full transcript of the Trial yes or no, if no stop posting until you have.
I don't need to have seen the transcript of the trial in order to express my view. The law pertaining to wills is the main issue I'm addressing. Any claims that the fathers parenting skills left something to be desired of that he may have dominated his wife and influenced her decision are speculative. This is why the RSPCA are appealing against the judges ruling.

Whilst sat in my car earlier, I was listening to a debate on the radio concerning the story of Dr Christine Gill, a university lecturer from Northallerton, who successfully won a high court battle to overturn the will of her deceased parents who had left their 287 acre farming estate worth £2million to the RSPCA. The judge found that Dr Gills domineering father who died in 1999 aged 82, had pressured her mother(who also died aged 82 in 2006)into leaving their estate to the charity.

Dr Gill is now contesting the RSPCA's decision to appeal against the ruling.

Should courts be interfering in such matters? What's the point of making a will if the courts can overrule it?.http://www.bearsdenherald.co.uk/news/rspca_challenges_ruling_over_2_million_win_1_385544

I dont see why it couldnt have been split - fathers half to rspca as he wanted and leave the mothers share up for discussion. least everyone gets something. i'd feel pretty bad though being the daughter essentially taking 2mil away from a charity..

I dont see why it couldnt have been split - fathers half to rspca as he wanted and leave the mothers share up for discussion. least everyone gets something. i'd feel pretty bad though being the daughter essentially taking 2mil away from a charity..
The daughter obviously believes that she is entitled to her parents estate by birthright. The judge clearly shares that view. However, the law doesn't, which is why the RSPCA are appealing.

What has birthright got to do with it,just because she's the daughter does not mean she deserves it though does it..........

Like iv'e said before whatever the parents reasons they didn't want her to get all the estate..........End of..........

My personal views of the rspca are for many reasons,however the whole point and issue is the will should be honored..........

Like I said- It is inevitable that some animals will and do continue to suffer at the hands of irresponsible and cruel owners that own them. Do you seriously believe that the RSPCA have the money, manpower and resources to immediately attend and investigate every reported incident? Domestic pets are not the only animals the RSPCA aim to rescue from a life of misery you know.

Your wrong, the rspca is a con and those dogs will continue to suffer at the hands of a violent bully.

Archived