Time to start docking teachers pay, when they don't turn in for work?

Here we go again, we have a cm of snow and the Teachers/Heads etc.... decide to have another snow day.

Yet for the rest of us in the real world, taking a day off means losing a days pay. As the kids are at home, I too have to stay at home inand as a self employed worker I cannot earn money when I'm not working, the business suffers etc...

Some of our lower paid members of staff (mums) have also had to take a day off and as such they don't get paid if they don't turn in. If they do choose to come to work then they have to pay child care fees at an additional cost as their children are not at school

We are still in November, yet potentially this bad weather could be with us until April, are we saying that for the next 4-5 months one profession could hold all the others to ransom?

Surely something has to be done, perhaps in the form of financial punishment (no work = no pay). How many teacher would make the effort to get to their place to work, if they knew that not turning up meant losing money?

You can bet if that happened, there would be very few schools shutting on snow days

Was waiting for the teacher bashing to start :hihi: I am a teacher...I live in Anston, and work in North Sheffield...I attempted to get to my school at 7.00am this morning I was stationary on A57 until 8.30 ...at this point I recieved a call off the head to say school was shut. Is it fair my pay is docked |?? :loopy:

Here we go again, we have a cm of snow and the Teachers/Heads etc.... decide to have another snow day.

Yet for the rest of us in the real world, taking a day off means losing a days pay. As the kids are at home, I too have to stay at home inand as a self employed worker I cannot earn money when I'm not working, the business suffers etc...

Some of our lower paid members of staff (mums) have also had to take a day off and as such they don't get paid if they don't turn in. If they do choose to come to work then they have to pay child care fees at an additional cost as their children are not at school

We are still in November, yet potentially this bad weather could be with us until April, are we saying that for the next 4-5 months one profession could hold all the others to ransom?

Surely something has to be done, perhaps in the form of financial punishment (no work = no pay). How many teacher would make the effort to get to their place to work, if they knew that not turning up meant losing money?

You can bet if that happened, there would be very few schools shutting on snow days

hahahahhahahhahahahahahahhhahahahha I had a LOVELY day today, abit of a lay in then sat in the warm house watching daytime TV. Brilliant!

All on the tax payer. Cheers :D

My husband didn't go to work due to the snow and he's not a teacher. Sometimes schools have to close not just because of snow and lack of teachers but for things like flooding or the boiler not working- there are very high standards for health and safety for children as I'm sure you can imagine.

Archived