Time to start docking teachers pay, when they don't turn in for work?

Just had my thread removed about how teachers can get away with not going into work and how public sector workers have to break their necks to get in.

Did everyone else manage to get into work alright?

:)

Don't know about teachers in the UK but in the US they have to make up any time off, we have plenty of scholl closings here on snow days, teachers hate it as they have to make those days up in the summer months so do the children.

I do sympathise with mums (or dads) that have to stay off work because their child cannot go into school and lose money through it, I tried to get to work this morning by bus but roads were impassable so ending up coming home. last year only got as far as granville road and had a 9 mile work home, . my kids are now grown up but would hate it if my child had had to walk home, took me nearly 4 hours. it may be that they consider the child's safety more paramount to opening up the school.

I didn't have to cos I've got the week off:)

If I'd been working and I couldn't get the car out I'd have walked it both ways anyway. Only 4 miles so just takes 1 hr 15 minutes and the bus fare is a bloody disgrace.

Bet some idle gits who only live a mile away can't be bothered though.

Edit - When I started typing this I was sure this was a general "Did you get to work today?" thread and had nowt to do with teachers.:huh:

if it's unsafe to go to work, then don't go....if you don't go, don't expect to be paid

unsure i'll make it in to my work 2mos by the look of it outside, and if they don't pay me then i'd not be suprised as i'm not working!

oh, i'm 40miles away, my boss is 3 miles away, he didnt make it in on Monday and I did...haha

I am annoyed that my childrens school is closed.

Not for any other reason than the notification was published on the school website this morning at 08.25 - which is exactly 10 minutes after we set off on the school run :mad:

Until 08.25 the school said on the website that they were proud to be one of the few schools still open.

If teachers can't get in to school, it does make me wonder though how the school coaches full of school kids managed it :suspect:

Archived