Time to start docking teachers pay, when they don't turn in for work?

it may be that they consider the child's safety more paramount to opening up the school.

That's a good point, a school with 1000 pupils needs to consider how the kids are going to get home as the parents wont always be able to collect them, if buses aren't running.

You are aware that the education system isn't just a creche for you to abandon your kids so you can go out and make money?

If it's so easy to go out today, take them to a childminder and pay.

Sorry I though that schools were there to educate our children:loopy:

was waiting for the teacher bashing to start :hihi: I am a teacher...i live in anston, and work in north sheffield...i attempted to get to my school at 7.00am this morning i was stationary on a57 until 8.30 ...at this point i recieved a call off the head to say school was shut. Is it fair my pay is docked |?? :loopy:

yes !!!!!!!!!!

I am annoyed that my childrens school is closed.

Not for any other reason than the notification was published on the school website this morning at 08.25 - which is exactly 10 minutes after we set off on the school run :mad:

Until 08.25 the school said on the website that they were proud to be one of the few schools still open.

If teachers can't get in to school, it does make me wonder though how the school coaches full of school kids managed it :suspect:

As I said before it's not necessarily determined by whether the teachers get in, but the health and safety issues for the children. Where I teach school was cancelled for children yesterday but all staff were there all day.

I am annoyed that my childrens school is closed.

Not for any other reason than the notification was published on the school website this morning at 08.25 - which is exactly 10 minutes after we set off on the school run :mad:

Until 08.25 the school said on the website that they were proud to be one of the few schools still open.

If teachers can't get in to school, it does make me wonder though how the school coaches full of school kids managed it :suspect:

pcspb1, at one time, in a sensible world, the school caretaker would have a gander outside and a walk to the bus stops, etc, and see if it was prudent to close the school or not. Nowadays, it seems like their judgement and word is not good enough anymore, and the decision has to be taken by someone who probably is nowhere near the school, or who doesn't start working until 8:25am! Quite ludicrous really, when the perils of getting there for many students and staff, have been faced, and they are turned back! It just adds to the chaos and inconvenience for all concerned.

My favourite school days were the snowy days.

Snowmen, skid patches etc...

why can't kids just enjoy themselves? I accept there will be the odd accident here and there, but in the 80s kids had accidents and we got up and carried on playing

Was waiting for the teacher bashing to start :hihi: I am a teacher...I live in Anston, and work in North Sheffield...I attempted to get to my school at 7.00am this morning I was stationary on A57 until 8.30 ...at this point I recieved a call off the head to say school was shut. Is it fair my pay is docked |?? :loopy:

Teachers should still go into school, if there are no kids that turn up then maybe you could turn the day into one of the many training days that you have. Seems to me that there is a lot of excuses for time off, my work is never closed rain, snow boiler breaking down etc etc etc

If we're looking for equity regarding teachers pay and conditions and those of so called "normal" workers, then can we start with paid overtime? Yes I am at home today despite wanting and needing to be at school teaching, however if you propose my pay is docked for this then I propose we are paid for the hours of unpaid overtime we do every evening and weekend? Would you work 12 hours and get paid for 6?

Archived