Time to start docking teachers pay, when they don't turn in for work?

I think parents should pay a fee for not attending parents/open nights - after all teachers do it for free, for the benefit of the pupils and parents.

Not at my children's secondary schools they don't. They have an 'academic review day' where by the children are all off school for the day and parents and child has an appointment sometime during the day to attend school for a 'progress chat'.

Why all the jealousy ? even if someone does get paid for time off work you should be pleased for them, you can always keep your kids home and Home School them yourself ,OR, take the college courses you have to do to take and become a teacher yourself, I wonder how many teachers on here have to put up with the parents on here...

ALthough I think most posters on here are just <REMOVED> at having to have thier children home, much easier to go to work, isn't it ;)

I tell you what. Why don't all those who are inconvenienced by schools being closed go train to become teachers. That way your in a win, win situation. You get to be off if your kids are, and you too get to be smug on snowy days! ...Oh thats right..you can't...too much like hard work. Ah well, sit on here and throw insults our way instead, it's okay, were used to it :hihi:

You are aware that the education system isn't just a creche for you to abandon your kids so you can go out and make money?

If it's so easy to go out today, take them to a childminder and pay.

Nor is it a service that only runs when the weather is nice.

People have lives to lead and they plan accordingly. When children are supposed to be at school that's what they plan around.

Not at my children's secondary schools they don't. They have an 'academic review day' where by the children are all off school for the day and parents and child has an appointment sometime during the day to attend school for a 'progress chat'.

Thats a good idea actually. Saves sitting around on evenings for "no show" appointments.

Never suggested it was, however few realise the number of hours teachers put in each week, 60- 70 easily on a normal week. When they start moaning about docking our pay for our inability, not unwillingness, to get into work thats fine if we had a level playing field elsewhere.

There already is. Lots of people work unpaid overtime, and yet would still be docked pay if they didn't turn up...

There already is. Lots of people work unpaid overtime, and yet would still be docked pay if they didn't turn up...

Which isn't the teachers problem.? Teachers like thousands of other professions get paid when off ill or are a no show in line with their contracts. People should just get used to it or if jealousy is too much to bear , become one.

Archived