Are you complaining about the snowy roads? Are you doing something about it

Strix

I've read plenty of moaning posts, but how many people are actually getting off their behinds and doing something about it?

I've seen a delivery driver grit his own way out of a pickle, leaving the road more passable for other drivers, another white van man ditch his van and spend two hours shovelling ice and help push an ambulance on a call out of the same mess, and I myself have spent over an hour digging and scraping ice, as the kind residents round these parts have stripped the grit bin of its contents (presumably for their own paths :mad: ).

I'd have no objection to the small handful ACTUALLY needed for a garden path, but some people think they need a salt carpet to stop them slipping :mad:

Anyway, I rang the council this morning and put my name down to become a snow warden http://www.sheffield.gov.uk/roads/maintenance/winter

What are YOU doing to help yourself and others out?

Helped my neighnour clear the front of his drive ( after watching him wheelspin for a bit..:) ) and the pavements in front of our houses, we have 2 grit bins close by, most of the people round here are clearing paths and parts of the road, no-one's hogging the grit, plenty to go round...

I drove a couple of miles on SAturday and got some rock salt for the junction in front of our house. It worked okay until the snow fall last night, the neighbours and driver dug a DFS delivery wagon out for 2 hours this lunchtime in the exact same spot.

Archived