Are you complaining about the snowy roads? Are you doing something about it

Strix

I live in a cul-de-sac with about 10 other houses.

This morning I was woken up at about 8am by 2 of the neighbours failing to get their cars off their drives and onto the road. They ended up eventually managing to get the cars back onto their drives and gave up the ghost.

I spent the day clearing snow with a shovel and a makeshift snow shifter and cleared the snow from in front of their driveways and from mine and doing what I could to clear a bit of way to the main road at the end.

During my hours shovelling up and down the road, not one person came out of the houses to help or thank me.

Where's the community sprit?

I'd have thought something like sulphuric acid would be worse for concrete. Possibly radioactive waste. Really not convinced that salt is the worst thing.

For my part I've wheel spun an awful lot. This makes them hot and speeds the melting of the snow. Besides, don't we pay huge sums of money to the council for things like clearing the highways?

Besides, don't we pay huge sums of money to the council for things like clearing the highways?
Yep, YOU are the problem here!

If cars get stuck, the gritter gets stuck behind them

How do the gritter drivers get to work?

If you get stuck on a hill, do you just sit there like an eejit until 'the council' come and dig you out?

:loopy::rolleyes:

I gritted the entire length of our road - about 250 yards and very steep - on Saturday. Took me about two hours.

Will do it again Thurs as everybody who needs their car for work has parked elsewhere for a couple of days - and I caught a cold so won't be fit till then anyway.

Of course you were joking - but some silly idiot might think that is a good idea. Not realising the water will freeze and turn to sheet ice :roll:

:o I always do it... Throw a load of water on to melt, then grit or put salt down! :hihi:

It's never turned to ice or anything... odd.

Of course you were joking - but some silly idiot might think that is a good idea. Not realising the water will freeze and turn to sheet ice :roll:

Thanks but that snippet of wisdom would've been better 3 hours ago. I have 2 cats frozen to my patio now!

Archived