No work for lottery winners.

danot

If youre a Lottery winner its bound to be phsycological . (have I spelt that right ?):huh:

Some would keep a level head and others would end up like this guy.

'Lotto lout' Michael Carroll back on the dole after squandering his £9.7m on drugs and prostitutes

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1249209/Lotto-lout-Michael-Carroll-dole-squandering-millions.html#ixzz16nOd4mHp

It'snot a joke Alcoblog. Nor is it an attack on anyone so calm yourself down.

Oh, Ok ... so you're suggesting that professional people ... doctors (who've put their lives into their chosen field), Stephen Hawkings, Richard Dawkins etc ... should be forced to give up their job if they win a mill on the lottery?

Maybe we should ban certain people from taking part in the lottery in case they're made to loose their jobs if they come up trumps!?

This could easily be solved by having lottery police guarding every newsagent, supermarket etc! :loopy:

Stephen Hawkings ... 'Here's the manuscript for my latest work in astrophysics'

Lottery police ... 'Sod off Steve, inadmissible ... you're this weeks lucky winner'

Perhaps it may be more manageable to have a separate national lottery for those on out of work benefits.

Only those on certain benefits would be eligable to purchase a ticket.

The winner would then be quids in, and off the dole queue, and the government would be quids in as well.

Surprised it hasn't been implemented already... :hihi:

Oh, Ok ... so you're suggesting that professional people ... doctors (who've put their lives into their chosen field), Stephen Hawkings, Richard Dawkins etc ... should be forced to give up their job if they win a mill on the lottery?

Maybe we should ban certain people from taking part in the lottery in case they're made to loose their jobs if they come up trumps!?

This could easily be solved by having lottery police guarding every newsagent, supermarket etc! :loopy:

Stephen Hawkings ... 'Here's the manuscript for my latest work in astrophysics'

Lottery police ... 'Sod off Steve, inadmissible ... you're this weeks lucky winner'

These individuals are arguably the best in their field and will be already financially secure enough to sniff at a million quid. As iv'e said, Im referring to the average lottery player, not the internationally renowned multi millionaire astrophysicists and best selling authors that you've hand selected to support your argument. Neither of whom are likely to be joining the dole queue any time soon.

I think the reason we “work” is a lot deeper than finances.

I think you have it there. I've spent 6 months working in a mental health care setting, there's a lot to be said for purposeful activity...

Personally, I wouldn't give up work if I won the lottery, I've worked too hard to get where I am to give it up quickly!

Archived