No work for lottery winners.

danot

I think you have it there. I've spent 6 months working in a mental health care setting, there's a lot to be said for purposeful activity...

Personally, I wouldn't give up work if I won the lottery, I've worked too hard to get where I am to give it up quickly!

So as the unemployed person who's equally qualified to do the same job. Why not step aside and contribute in a voluntary role? At the end of the day you're not working for the money are you.

These individuals are arguably the best in their field and will be already financially secure enough to sniff at a million quid. As iv'e said, Im referring to the average lottery player, not the internationally renowned multi millionaire astrophysicists and best selling authors that you've hand selected to support your argument. Neither of whom are likely to be joining the dole queue any time soon.

What's an 'average lottery player' then? Surely, if you choose 6 numbers your chances of winning are the same as anyone elses, wether it be people in the higher echelons of intellect like Stephen Hawkings or the likes of yourself.

You now seem to be implying that some people should be allowed to keep their job if they win the lottery as opposed to your initial thread.

Your post suggests lottery winners should give up their jobs to make space for others. As I said before, this would create a couple of jobs a week. Who would police who should have to give up their job or not? What, in your ultimate wisdom would be the break point?

Would this be some new kind of science ... maybe 'Danotechnology' :D:loopy:

What's an 'average lottery player' then? Surely, if you choose 6 numbers your chances of winning are the same as anyone elses, wether it be people in the higher echelons of intellect like Stephen Hawkings or the likes of yourself.

You now seem to be implying that some people should be allowed to keep their job if they win the lottery as opposed to your initial thread.

Your post suggests lottery winners should give up their jobs to make space for others. As I said before, this would create a couple of jobs a week. Who would police who should have to give up their job or not? What, in your ultimate wisdom would be the break point?

Would this be some new kind of science ... maybe 'Danotechnology' :D:loopy:

Danotechnology?... Yes, that's what we'll call it. I like the sound of that.

I would describe an average lottery player as someone who's quality of life would dramatically change for the better were they to win a substantial sum of money. As opposed to someone like Stephen Hawkings or Richard Dawkins who's quality of life wouldn't be improved to any great extent.

So as the unemployed person who's equally qualified to do the same job. Why not step aside and contribute in a voluntary role? At the end of the day you're not working for the money are you.

I'm not working for the money now :-) I'm not sure how things would work in a voluntary way in my line of work. There's enough red tape when you're on the payroll...

Is it a paid job? or do you work for the joy of it?

I think you have missed the plot and have to narrow a view of “work”, what would you do if you won the lottery after the novelty wears off.

You have a big house, a different car to drive every day of the week and have been to more destinations than Alan Wicker, what are you going to do next?

Archived