Most ever users online

You may only be able to count 24, but all of the members who have their accounts set to not show their online status (me included) are counted in that list, so in actual fact there were 24 named, plus me, plus 5 other users who choose not to show their online status online at the moment.

As for the other people online, they are made up of non-registered visitors, visitors to the site who have accounts but who are not signed in and internet search engine queries, many of which then result in a non-registered visitor to the site who can read a topic for which they have searched.

So basically it's the search engine bots that boost the figures - don't think we've ever really had more than 500 members on the forum - I'd love it to be more.

Ayup BJ - haven't seen that avatar for a year or more - always one of the most recognisable ones.

Hola, this is because I only ever nosey.

There was a thread once, some guy asking if it was wrong to have fallen for my avatar lady :hihi:

I can remember back in the day when they were less than 2 million users on the Internet. Now look at the crap we have to put up with. This website is a prime example of what the masses have done to the Internet.

Just doubting the accuracy of this - two minutes ago it said on the homepage 30 members online - but when I counted the user names there were only 24. And given that we've never as far as I know had more than 500 members online, who are all those other users?

You'd be surprised how many times SF pops up as the top ranking result in google...

Helpful us Yorkies!

• 7 months later...

just noticed on 3rd july 2011 at 20.28 there 3,646 users on line...this is a record

what was happening that evening did I miss something

earthquake, flood, heatwave.......:huh:

cant seem to remember anything untoward happening :suspect:

just noticed on 3rd july 2011 at 20.28 there 3,646 users on line...this is a record

what was happening that evening did I miss something

earthquake, flood, heatwave.......:huh:

cant seem to remember anything untoward happening :suspect:

Wishing Tom Cruise a happy birthday?

Archived