Support Your Local Postie

I was up at half five this morning, digging the car out of the drive, barely getting off our uncleared minor road due to over a foot of snow (we're quite high up), and managed after quite an adventure to get Mrs Conrod across the other side of town to work, then into the town centre and now sat warm and cosy in my office with a brew.

On the way over, I saw so many people trudging through the snow, doing their damndest to get to work, and I bet some of them are walking miles.

I couldn't help but notice our local postman, looking like Scott of the Antarctic on his last walk, so to him, the bus drivers, and everybody else who rekindled just a little bit of that British spirit that our grandparents and great grandparents relied on to get us through the 40s, I say well done, and thank you.

To those who could have walked in for an hour or two but are still at home after ringing in to say they can't get to work, shame on you.

how many people who you saw walking did you offer a lift too?:hihi:

good point - where's ypur 1940's help each other spirit and OP borders on sanctimonious, you won't get thanks for trudging ten miles in snow? and taking a car out in these conditions is foolhardy - if you lose control you risk hitting one of those who have decided to brave elements and walk to work:hihi::hihi:

I've managed to post on Sheffield Forum without adding to the problems on the roads by taking my car out. I do hope that the OP has a productive day.:roll:

Nothing to do with self-righteousness at all, I was merely congratulating those who're making the effort to get to work, especially the postman.

What a pleasant bunch you are :).

Oh so the "shame on you" comment you finished up on?....

Archived