Suggestions for party venue

bassman-x

I'm trying to organise a leaving party for a Friday/Saturday night in November. I'm looking for somewhere that we could hire out for free/cheap that will let us set up a soundsystem and that is also licenced. It would also have to be fairly near to the city centre. Somewhere with a late license would be a bonus too.

I'm thinking we'll need somewhere that holds around 50 people.

Can anyone suggest some suitable venues that I could try?

cheers

What about The Earl? Not sure if they have summat on Fridays, but it could be worth thinking about. Also, you could try the Stars and Mayfair suites above the ice rink on Queens Road. Most bars in town will probably have DJs on, but some of them may be open to the idea of a one-off (even DJs like time off sometimes). You could try somewhere extra cheap and a bit unorthodox too...there are plenty of old social clubs like the one in Nether Edge on Moncrieff Road or the Polish Ex-Servicemens club on Eccy Road.

I'LL WARN YOU NOW THAT ITS HARD TO FIND A VENUE WHICH WILL TAKE YOU ON A FRIDAY OR SAT, BEEN TRYING TO FIND THE SAME AND EVERYWHERE WILL NOT GO AFTER 10.30 ON WKNDS. THE EARL IS PACKED WITH PEOPLE WANTING IT, MAYBE TRY BAR MATRIX, OR EMPIRE BAR, OR DQLATE BAR AS THEY'RE PRETTY NEW......GOOD LUCK MATE, I'VE JUST ABOUT GIVEN UP..XXX:(

yeah fri & sats are hard to nites to get, especially in town & from my experience most places will want a guaranteed minimum bar tariff thing! i think places can apply for later hours for private events, plus by the end of nov its later hours under the new law neway so that mite help on that front!!!

p.s. watch out for xmas dos that time of yr

Archived