Changing from prepaid gas and electric.

Eon gas and electric suppliers are saying that a new owner of a house cannot change the gas and electric from more expensive pre paid to quarterly bills for one year.

I know people who have done this before and can't see how can be right.

They say even if you change supplier you will still have to get it off them and stay on prepaid.

This sounds like a total rip off.

Any advice would be welcome.

Eon gas and electric suppliers are saying that a new owner of a house cannot change the gas and electric from more expensive pre paid to quarterly bills for one year.

I know people who have done this before and can't see how can be right.

They say even if you change supplier you will still have to get it off them and stay on prepaid.

This sounds like a total rip off.

Any advice would be welcome.

I think you are right. How can they force you to pay at a higher rate. If you were dealing with a call centre, it's 50/50 they didn't have a clue what they were talking about anyway. Every operator seems to have their own version of events.

I went through a load of crap with BT recently and ended up having to get free legal advice. They advised me to send a registered letter to the company HQ stating that I was giving them two weeks notice to resolve my case before taking legal action. After months of being messed about, they resolved iot immediately after I did that.

Archived