Calling all Ex-Pats from around the world

melbournian

Originally posted by gmacewan

Pensacola, Fl.

I hate it though, so I'm moving back in January. Hurricanes suck.

I live in the US too...over 40 years now, I cannot understand what people see in Florida... it's flat, all the buildings are ugly, houses concrete, the place has no caricature at all, the palm trees are ugly , humidity :gag:

• 7 months later...
Must emphasise that the " toilet story " , only applies to , " everyday " China.

I would think where tourists go , you would find them pretty much like ours . Even in all-Chinese places , it's slowly getting better .

I would say that most of the toilets are generally smellier than ours and a few of the , "normal" ones are really horrible .If anybody does visit China , just ty to use the ones in the hotel or in good restaurants . [ Plenty of MacDonalds around now in the big cities . O.K. for toilets , rubbish for eating ! ].

Are the Chinese there like the Chinese here in Manchester. When you go into a Chinese takeway and ask for 15 bags of chips, eight fish, two potato and meat pies, two steak pies, eight tubs of peas, fourteen chicken chow meins and six beef curry and boiled rice they always ask “anything else”! Very optimistic.

Albion Park, one hours drive south of Sydney, a country town surrounded by cliffs and countryside similar to Derbyshire, 30 mins drive to several waterfalls, 15 mins from the ocean & the blowholes of Kiama and Gerringong's 7 mile beach, 1 hour from the whitest sand beach in Australia at Jervis Bay. Whenever I get homesick for Sheffield, I go for a 30 minute drive to look at the Port Kembla steelworks, that makes me appreciate the environment I live in & have lived in for the last 36 years, A lot different from Crookes & Shirecliffe where I spent my first 27 years of life.

1965 as a family of 5 we nearly got to the land of oz but the boats where full for 2yrs (your gov'paid the fare) so we came to Canada settle in ontario for 40yrs with no regrets,only been back to uk once didn't care to much for the change so I think i'll stay where I am

Archived