Calling all Ex-Pats from around the world

melbournian

Must emphasise that the " toilet story " , only applies to , " everyday " China.

I would think where tourists go , you would find them pretty much like ours . Even in all-Chinese places , it's slowly getting better .

I would say that most of the toilets are generally smellier than ours and a few of the , "normal" ones are really horrible .If anybody does visit China , just ty to use the ones in the hotel or in good restaurants . [ Plenty of MacDonalds around now in the big cities . O.K. for toilets , rubbish for eating ! ].

I lived in Hong Kong for 15 vears.

I would rather die than use a public toilet there ugh!

Been to Beijing a couple of times quite freindly people there I thought

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Born and bred in the Kelvin and Shiregreen,been living in and around Tokyo since '75.They say that if you're white and want to know what it is like to be black you should go to live in Japan.The racism isn't overt but it's there.Most of my Japanese mates are blue collar and they are great but the corporate crowd give me the pip.By the way,if you like rock roll you should definitely come here.We have some great earthquakes.

I left Sheffield in 1971, ( Wednesdayite ) lived in S. Africa for 2 years and then moved to Canberra Australia in 1973, great place, still miss some of the things back in England. I could not live in England now though, I have 3 grown up kids and 9 grand children. I hope England can win back the ashes, they have been murdered this summer by the Aussies.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived