Calling all Ex-Pats from around the world

melbournian

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Re much earlier posts by PopT living near to Nelson in New Zealand.

One of my ancestors by the name of Wateney was on the first ship load of settlers who went to New Zealand. With his friends they founded the town of Nelson - the Magnolia tree they planted in what became the town square was still there 3 years ago. There is also a Wasteny church with the Family Coat of Arms as a part of the stained glass windows. Many roads and streets there have the name Wasteney as a part. Many Wasteneys still live in and around Nelson

As for me - Swallownest from 1940, then Driffield in East Yorkshire from 1967, then Malaysia from 2006 - love it here and never bothyeres to go backl to UK. Still have a house in Driffield so my wife goes back "visiting" about twice a year -she is due back here on Monday afternoon of next week after her current visit

Grey Eminence - Subang Jaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia - "it aint alf ot mum"

Lived in Sheffield until '94 and since then have lived all over the UK then in dubai for last 2 years

Moved to Dubai in May. Was hoping to get a nice tan before parents and inlaws come and visit in a couple of months but it's so bloomin hot here everyone hibernates inside with the AC set at freeeeezing :hihi:

I am coming back to Australia on the 29th September and I wondered where this forum is being viewed from, some of you might be in some really exotic or downright unusual locations.

Prizes for the most exotic (Picture please) :D

Pleasant journey -

No prize could compare - I am in Gods own country already - Yorkshire !

Archived