French Employers discriminate against Muslims, French study finds

But you have already told us that-

Under the Equality Act 2010 section 19

(1)A person (A) discriminates against another (B) if A applies to B a provision, criterion or practice which is discriminatory in relation to a relevant protected characteristic of B's.

Refusing to employ a person who for religous reasons would want different holidays is a clear breach.

Like i said - impossible to prove it. He now employs Eastern European Muslims, they however must take any religious holidays from annual leave. Which i also stated.

I don't know how it is at other firms, but in my department at work, Muslims represent around two thirds of the workers.

im not 100% but i think ours is precisely ............zero

weve had a couple while ive been there, an egyption and a morracan, both muslims although i dont think practising

It's no point beating about the bush on this issue - i know several small businesses who do not and probably would not employ certain ethnic groups.The fact the people are Muslim is irrelevant to them. Most of them employ Muslims - just white ones.

Some of them also employ "ethnic non white" - just not muslim ones,which could just be unplanned.

Do Muslims not need to pray to Allah every hour or so, and do they not need a special room (the staff kitchen is apparently not good enough), so perhaps its easier not to employ a muslim.

Also, Muslims are notorious for crying descrimination and not having a sense of humour, and so perhaps employers don't want a misery guts in their workplace

way to make a sweeping statement, Stevejoe.

No we don't have to pray every hour or so, it's five times a day:- at dawn, at noon, in the afternoon, at sunset and evening.

And, so long as the area for prayer is clean, then it's permissible to pray there.

Archived