French Employers discriminate against Muslims, French study finds

Are women classed as unemployed if they're married to someone in work? I don't now these things work as I've never claimed other than when I first graduated from university.

Well some it seems are allowed more than one wife to claim for, and when you consider it cost 7+ billion to bail out a whole country , 8 billion a year seems a bit excessive.

Well some it seems are allowed more than one wife to claim for, and when you consider it cost 7+ billion to bail out a whole country , 8 billion a year seems a bit excessive.

If they're 'claiming' for a wife/wives, then she/they will not be classed as unemployed, it will be 'income support' rather than 'job seeker's allowance', won't it? Where's Disco when you need him, he's the expert on all of this?

The post i was responding to was about coming to Britain and claiming and not Sweden.

Well the title of the thread is about French discrimination so I thought I'd just widen it to Sweden as other people have widened it to the UK.:)

The figures class self employed Pakistani and Bangladeshi males as unemployed which is why the figures are high. For example all Pakistani taxi drivers in Sheffield are classed as unemployed. The statistics are not actually an accurate account of anything they are for the sole purpose of politicians being able to quote numbers. Qaulitative research is much better and gives a more accurate picture of unemployment, crime immigration levels ect.

I think this study above is a good way to detect discrimantion in the job market which we all know exists. I've got a friend who tried this experiment with a colleague in the company they work for. They used bogus names one Muslim one Christian everything else was the same and surprise surprise the one with the Christian name got a response.

BBC radio presenter Adil Ray did a smiliar CV experiment on the programme 'is it coz I is black?' on request of a group who were anti political correctness. They wrongly assumed Muslims and disabled people would get the highest response due to political correctness. What the study actually found was Muslims getting the lowest response followed by disabled people and the average white male getting the highest response.

The figures class self employed Pakistani and Bangladeshi males as unemployed which is why the figures are high. For example all Pakistani taxi drivers in Sheffield are classed as unemployed. The statistics are not actually an accurate account of anything they are for the sole purpose of politicians being able to quote numbers. Qaulitative research is much better and gives a more accurate picture of unemployment, crime immigration levels ect.

I think this study above is a good way to detect discrimantion in the job market which we all know exists. I've got a friend who tried this experiment with a colleague in the company they work for. They used bogus names one Muslim one Christian everything else was the same and surprise surprise the one with the Christian name got a response.

BBC radio presenter Adil Ray did a smiliar CV experiment on the programme 'is it coz I is black?' on request of a group who were anti political correctness. They wrongly assumed Muslims and disabled people would get the highest response due to political correctness. What the study actually found was Muslims getting the lowest response followed by disabled people and the average white male getting the highest response.

Why? They can only be classed as unemployed if they're claiming Job Seeker's Allowance, surely? In which case, are these cab drivers defrauding the state?:confused:

ETA: I have never known of a government who actually inflates unemployment statistics, they're usually in the business of massaging them and reclassifying the unemployed into various different categories which do not define as unemployed, thus reducing the true figure.

Anyone who is registered as self employed with HMRC will NOT be classed as unemployed. The only people who are classed as unemployed are those claiming benefits and not declaring their work.

There were quite a few reports in the news of Muslims adopting a Western name post-9/11 in order to get a job, both here and in the USA.

The Chinese have understood this for a long time and will often adopt a name suitable for the country they have moved to in order to become more employable.

Or, as many do, JSA in one name, cab in another.

Simples :)

not so simple unless they've got two British passports in different names. Seems like a lot of effort for 50 kwid a week.

Another one who likes to stereotype communities with things they dreamt up the night before.

Archived