French Employers discriminate against Muslims, French study finds

not so simple unless they've got two British passports in different names. Seems like a lot of effort for 50 kwid a week.

Another one who likes to stereotype communities with things they dreamt up the night before.

ermmm ... who said this? vvv

Originally Posted by Bounce

The figures class self employed Pakistani and Bangladeshi males as unemployed which is why the figures are high. For example all Pakistani taxi drivers in Sheffield are classed as unemployed.

How does that work then? Please explain.

ermmm ... who said this? vvv

How does that work then? Please explain.

Conrod was trying to imply that Pakistani taxi drivers sign on in one name and drive a cab in another. Impossible unless they've got two British passports in two different names.

I don't know I read it in a university text book some years ago.

Conrod was trying to imply [...]
I think that was purely because of your post which Suffy picked up on, wasn't it?

I don't know I read it in a university text book some years ago

If you don't know something for a fact, and can't even provide a reputable source, why try to use it to stereotype a whole section of the working population?

Taxi drivers have to have a licence from the local council, insurance, tax and a radio hired from a ph company. Just for starters. So there's no way that they can be counted as being unemployed.

I think you must have misunderstood what you read in a university textbook, some years ago. As they say "A little knowledge is a dangerous thing"

I think that was purely because of your post which Suffy picked up on, wasn't it?

If you don't know something for a fact, and can't even provide a reputable source, why try to use it to stereotype a whole section of the working population?

Taxi drivers have to have a licence from the local council, insurance, tax and a radio hired from a ph company. Just for starters. So there's no way that they can be counted as being unemployed.

I think you must have misunderstood what you read in a university textbook, some years ago. As they say "A little knowledge is a dangerous thing"

My bold=

I don't see you saying this to the usual suspects when they are stereotyping muslims, hmmm :rolleyes:

Or, as many do, JSA in one name, cab in another.

Simples :)

stop chatting ****, the council and social regularly do stop checks together to see if anyone is doing this and the police do it in unison with the social to van drivers, truckers etc aswell when they set up checkpoints up and down the country.

yes like some people on this forum who misunderstand after reading about Islam or Muslims in some tabloid but that doesn't stop them typing their bile does it. As they say 'A little knowledge is a dangerous thing'

My bold= I don't see you saying this to the usual suspects when they are stereotyping muslims, hmmm :rolleyes:
I have no idea what you're implying with that comment but we're not talking about Muslims in this particular post :huh:

Bounce posted a nonsensical comment about SELF employed Pakistani and Bangladeshi men being counted as UNemployed and that all Sheffield taxi drivers who happen to be Pakistani or of Pakistani descent are also considered as being unemployed. Thus making an open goal for Conrad to slot a sarcastic comment into. But Bounce isn't trying to stereotype Pakistani men with this ludicrous statement?

I am merely attemping to point out that taxi driving is a profession with very strict regulations for its practitioners and that there is no way that they can ever be classed as being UNemployed. Do you disagree with that statement?

Archived