Please welcome our new group co-leader: Ron Blanco.

Mantaspook

On December the 31st I will be stepping down as group co-leader of the writers' group - regrettably commitments in the real world means that I can't spend as much time on the role as I would like.

However, I am delighted to announce that Ron Blanco will be joining Tallyman as a co-leader from January the 1st, and hope you will offer your encouragement & support as they implement their ideas and develop the writing group.

I'll still be around until the end of the year so you'll have to postpone the :partyhat: until I'm gone.

It's been a blast; I've really enjoyed my six years on SF and would like to thank Tallyman, Ron Blanco, and all the past and present contributors to the writers' group and to wish you all the very best for the future.

Mantaspook.

Congratulations Ron – Oops! Can I still call you Ron? Or is it Sir Ron now? Anyway, you deserve it mate, I’m sure it will be the beginning of an epoch for the club.

Mantas please tell me you are not leaving us for good, :cry: you probably don’t realise it, but I owe you a great deal mate, plus what will happen to our banter?

Thanks Coyleys and MiS. Yes, either Sir Ron or The Great Blanco, these are both fine.

Seriously though Mantaspook, thanks for the help you have given me since I joined a few years ago. As Coyleys said, I hope you will stick around and maybe this change will create a tiny window for you to do some more story-writing.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

:):(

Today's a mixed emotion day,

for Mantaspook is on his way.

He's helped us all, well has he not.

So wave & tell him,"Thanks a lot."

We'll wish him well, then when he's gone,

Hail our new leader -"Long live Ron!"

May I take this opportunity to wish you and yours good health

and success in the coming year. It's been nice to meet you through SF.

Ed Boaler, from G12Ravda.

Archived