The snow plougher

You what?! We had the plough down ours last night and we were very grateful. Yes we had to dig the car itself out but it was a damn sight easier than digging the entire road out!

Get a shovel and get working!

There are what I presume are council owned ploughs (huge yellow vehicles like gritters) and they also contract farmers with tractors to do it too (as in our area, we're lucky in that respect).

Oh how I wish a snow plough would come down Heavygate Road at Walkley. I would have thought after the medical fast response vehicle smashed into the wall on the bend at the bottom three days ago we would have had it at least gritted.

We have cleared it twice but there no grit left in either of the bins on Heavygate or Joseph Road now..

Oh how I wish a snow plough would come down Heavygate Road at Walkley. I would have thought after the medical fast response vehicle smashed into the wall on the bend at the bottom three days ago we would have had it at least gritted.

We have cleared it twice but there no grit left in either of the bins on Heavygate or Joseph Road now..

I think there's a number or website where you can report empty grit bins, check the council website maybe?

Archived