Lifts off strangers what do you think?

We offered a lift to someone this morning but they declined.

I'd be glad of an offer of a lift in this weather, I'd accept it so long as the person didn't look like a complete psycho freak (blood dripping down chin, axe in the back etc).

but how could we tell really? dont attachers look like run of the mill normal people.

I've given lifts to strangers in the past. Indeed, society is crumbling under paranoia

If you're offered a lift, ring somebody close, tell them the details (car reg, location, driver description) and accept graciously :)

If they get funny about you passing their details to somebody, you'll know to change your mind and scarper!

I've given lifts to strangers in the past. Indeed, society is crumbling under paranoia

If you're offered a lift, ring somebody close, tell them the details (car reg, location, driver description) and accept graciously :)

If they get funny about you passing their details to somebody, you'll know to change your mind and scarper!

thats a very good idea!! :)

thats a very good idea!! :)

An even better idea would be to refuse the lift as we all know that anyone wishing to do a good deed is clearly a serial killer/rapist/paedophile who is just waiting to eat your children. Some of the people on this forum are ridiculously paranoid and really should stay away from the world at all costs.

When I was a teacher in Rotherham returning from a week's residential trip, I got stranded by snow. No buses, trains etc. As I had all my winter walking gear on and was used to winter walking, I began the long trek home. I accepted two lifts from total strangers and just did a quick risk assessment. Dangers of being alone on dark roads with slippy roads and slidy cars for 4 hours v old couple in first car and young woman in second car. Easy decision. Just balance out the risks and most importantly trust your guts. Like the idea of texting car details to a friend, before getting in the car - good advice.

Archived