Why are you, you?

Yes, but that is just my own belief.

I think Epiphany is saying the brain must be aware before it can accept experiences.

In simple terms I believe this happens when it is switched on by the bodies development.

Perhaps it can gain experiences whilst in the womb as can be explained by rocking a baby to sleep.

Creating a persons identity is a different matter but chemicals introduced into the mother's body could influnce this.

I think Epiphany is saying the brain must be aware before it can accept experiences.

In simple terms I believe this happens when it is switched on by the bodies development.

Perhaps it can gain experiences whilst in the womb as can be explained by rocking a baby to sleep.

Creating a persons identity is a different matter but chemicals introduced into the mother's body could influnce this.

yes, and at what age this happens when the baby is in the womb is not clear. Well not to me anyway. I am sure that there is someone out there who will know the answer..

I don't really see why we would need experience in order to be aware.

Obviously its impossible for us to imagine but I can't think of a reason as to why it wouldn't be.

In fact thinking about it what you guys are saying is impossible.

If awareness requires experience, and thus memory, then how could you possibly ever become aware of your very first memory?

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/aware

1. Having knowledge or cognizance: aware of the difference between the two versions; became aware of faint sound.

Would you agree that you must first feel the pain to become aware of it?

I find this very difficult to explain but I often wonder why am I me? Why am I, as opposed to someone else, experiencing subjective awareness in this body? Why am I even experiencing the awareness within this mind and body at all? Sure, I still may be here regardless, but why am I the consciousness inside my brain and not somebody else's consciousness?

:confused:

is'nt this the meaning of life to find out why you are you and realise your potential as a unique individual ?

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/aware

1. Having knowledge or cognizance: aware of the difference between the two versions; became aware of faint sound.

Funny how you left out the other definition from that link, which happens to be the one I was using, its almost as if you deliberately selected only part of the source in order to misrepresent it. I'm sure that's not what happened though, right?

Again, this only goes to highlight my point about defining your terms precisely.

Archived