Why are you, you?

What I can't grasp is that if all our brains are equally capable of producing consciousness, then what is it that made my brain give birth to my subjective awareness within that consciousness?

depends what you belive in .when we think we merely project past experiences of our physical bodies into the future.(its a rare individual that as an original thought)..some mystics belive mind can without reference to the past posses the physical body through its soul.

I find this very difficult to explain but I often wonder why am I me? Why am I, as opposed to someone else, experiencing subjective awareness in this body? Why am I even experiencing the awareness within this mind and body at all? Sure, I still may be here regardless, but why am I the consciousness inside my brain and not somebody else's consciousness?

:confused:

I've been wondering that since I was a very small boy, I remember having an overwhelming feeling of almost dread, when I was in infant school in Hackenthorpe, thnking 'why am I here?' 'what's the plan?'

Archived